Fréamh Éireann meets monthly, except July and August, at 10:30 AM on the second Saturday of each month in the O’Keefe Room. We welcome all GAC members, particularly those who need help in their family search or those who don’t know where to start.
As a self-help group, our members support one another by sharing our own research experiences while providing suggestions and guidance.
We do not conduct research for others. Members are kept advised of genealogical seminars and events via meeting minutes and email notices. Periodically guest speakers are invited to address our meetings and field trips are arranged to points of genealogical interest.
- Chairman: John Minehan
- Vice Chairman: John Mahar
- Secretary: Donna Orazio
- Membership: Susan Callahan
- Learn from each other
- Opportunity for beginning members to meet one on one with a seasoned member for guidance in their next steps in discovering their family history.
- Access to our Fréamh Éireann library of materials; minutes including many helpful website addresses
- Access to the Irish Ordnance Maps
- Access to the Fréamh Éireann computer
- As a genealogical society approved by the Secretary of the State of Connecticut, one’s membership card, upon submission, allows access to Town Clerks’ records throughout CT
- Comradery with others interested in genealogy study particularly of Irish ancestry.
- Learning genealogy research “tricks” from each other
- Learning from guest speakers who make presentations periodically at the monthly meetings
- Priority registration for sponsored open public presentations
- Made aware of various nearby genealogy presentations by other organizations.